Join our Rapid Response Network now!
Joining Latinos-Unidos Rapid Response Network before an emergency strikes is the best way to be sure you can help survivors of humanitarian disasters. By partnering with Latinos-Unidos you are planning ahead to ensure funds reach disaster survivors faster and your corporation maximizes its expertise and employee time most effectively.
You help keep our overheads low! By lending your support to Latinos-Unidos, you help drive down the administrative costs of fundraising for disaster relief. The ways you can do this include providing advertisement space, posting our banner on your website, and running Public Service Announcements (PSAs).
You’ll be in good company: Latinos-Unidos member agencies wish to express deep gratitude to the organizations that are current members of our Rapid Response Network.
Here are examples of how you can play a key role during disasters, in line with your capacities:
Our broadcast partners contribute free advertising across their properties (TV, radio, online). Print media partners run space ads and post our banners on news websites on-line.
– Upload our online banner to your website.
– Tell your readers about Latinos-Unidos in your newsletter.
– Swap your print space ad for ours.
– Accept cash at check-out or ask for a gift at point of purchase.
– Encourage your employees to organize an event.
– Give through our monthly program or use your own payroll giving programs
– Match your employee gifts to increase the value of your employees’ giving and encourage them to get involved.
In a situation where a rapid response is important, checking out a large number of different agencies and assessing their ability to respond to a particular crisis can be time-consuming. The Humanitarian Coalition liaises with broadcasters, banks, telephone providers and web media to create a unified campaign, and organizes donation facilities to make it simple for the public to donate. Your employees will be proud to be part of a team that is an early responder.
When a disaster hits, corporations can contact our Executive Director, Maria D. Colon(link sends e-mail).